One of our Mid-Adriatic Charter Bases is located in Marina Kaštela in Kaštela Bay near Split.
The marina is well known as one of the most popular starting points on Mid-Adriatic and therefore hosts the largest number of charter fleets in the Adriatic. Don’t be surprised to find the piers at the Marina empty on week days during season.
Marina has a unique location lying between Split - the largestcity of Dalmatia and Split Airport, which is very well connected with European cities.
The Marina itself isn’t the most beautiful one, but it is a splendid starting point for discovering Southern Dalmatian Islands. You can reach nearby Islands Drvenik Veli, Šolta, Brač and Hvar within an hour’s or two sailing. From there you can continue to Brač Island and Bol, Stari Grad on Hvar Island, Hvar, Vis and many other beautiful Islands.
You can spend your first night in Split and visit the Diocletian Palace with its magnificent narrow streets or sail to Trogir - both with fabulous heritage or you can choose one of close-by Islands insted.
On Šolta Island you can spend your first night at Maslinica, Nečujam, Grohote or Stomorska Bays, or you can sail to Brač Island and spend the night at Bobovišća Bay or at town called Milna, where you can choose between two marinas. At Milna there is also a gas station where you can fill up your tank. You can sail through Split Gates (Splitska vrata) and sail southeast along Brač Island’s coast and spend the night at Lučice anchorage.
We recommend visiting Korčula as it is one of the most beautiful and interesting towns on Croatian islands and Lastovo after that because of its natural wonders and good restaurants. You can take a taxi to the top of the island and enjoy the magnificent view if the weather is clear.
Those more adventurist (or if you simply don’t mind sailing long hours) sailors can even sail around Mljet Island. Part of it is a National Park. If there, you must visit Sv. Marija Island on the lake with its Monastery. You can visit the Elafiti Islands the next day and even sail to Dubrovnik.
- Kaštela - Trogir, 8 NM, approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Kaštela - Drvenik Veli Island, 1 NM, approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Kaštela - Maslinica, Šolta Island, 15 NM, approx. 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Kaštela - Split, 5.5 NM, approx. 45 minutes
- Kaštela - Nečujam, Šolta Island, 11,5 NM, approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Kaštela - Bobovišta, Brač Island, 13 NM, approx. 2 hours
- Kaštela - Milna, Brač Island, 15 NM, approx. 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Kaštela - Lučice, Brač Island, 18 NM, approx. 2 hours and 45 minutes
- Kaštela - ACI marina Palmižana, Pakleni Islands, 25 NM, approx. 3 hours and 45 minutes
- Kaštela - Hvar, Hvar Island, 26 NM, approx. 4 hours
- Kaštela - Stari Grad, Hvar Island, 26 NM, approx. 4 hours
- Kaštela - Milna, Hvar Island, 29 NM, approx. 4 hours and 25 minutes
- Kaštela - Vis, Vis Island, 33 NM, approx. 5 ur
- Kaštela - Komiža, Vis Island, 40 NM, approx. 6 ur
- Kaštela - Biševska luka, Biševo Island, 43 NM, approx. 6 hours and 30 minutes
- Kaštela - Lovišće, Šćedro Island, 39 NM, approx. 5 hours and 50 minutes
- Kaštela - Vela Luka, Korčula Island, 44 NM, approx. 6 hours and 40 minutes
Towards South West:
- Kaštela - Bol, Brač Island, 26.5 NM, approx. 4 hours and 20 minutes
- Kaštela - ACI marina Vrbovska, Hvar Island, 32.3 NM, approx. 4 hours and 50 minutes
Towards Sout East:
- Kaštela - Jabuka*, 58 NM, approx. 8 hours and 40 minutes
*We reccomend sailingto Jabuka early in the morning, so you have enough time to get back. The nearestports to visit Jabuka from are Biševska luka and Komiža on Vis Island.
Marina Kaštela hosts many charter fleets so you can expect it to be very crowdy on Saturdays when guests change. We reccomend you take it easy and give it time if things do not go as fast as you'd want.
Parking costs 50€ per one car for a week.
The nearest gas stations to fill up your tank before you return the boat are in Milna on Brač Island, in Grohote on Šolta Island and in Trogir.
Why choose Kaštela as a starting point?
- Because it is one of the most popular starting points for discovering southern Dalmatia
- Because we can find just about any type of sailboat there for you
- Because it is close to the highway
- Because it is close to the Airport