Our Istrian Yacht Charter Base is situated in ACI marina Pomer in Medulin Bay, which opens up between two Capes; Kamenjak and Marlera at the very end of Istria peninsula.
The town of Porer is about 10 km southeast of Istrian Capital Pula, which is famous for its amphitheater from Roman times. The amphitheater is still active, hosting numerous concerts and other events such as Pula film festival. We recommend visiting it!
From Pomer numerous options are available to you. You can choose to discover the secrets of Eastern Istria from Raša River Bay all the wayto the old lady of Kvarner, magnificent town Opatija. You can continue towardsislands Krk, Cres Rab and Lošinj from Opatija.
National Park Brioni where in good old times Yugoslavian leader Tito’s residence was is definitely a destination worth seeing, but you must announce yourself before arrival. Anchorage is prohibited and there is very little berth spaces in the port.
Rovinj is definitely a city you will want to visit. You can drop anchor at Lon Bay or dock at ACI marina Rovinj and visit the city on foot.It’s about 10 minutes walk.
If you feel like visiting Venice, you can do it in about aday’s sailing. It takes about 10 hours to get to Venice from Pula or Rovinj and between 7 and 8 from Umag.
Towards South there is the whole Eastern Adriatic coast waiting for you to sail. As your first stop you can choose Zeća Island, or the beautiful historic town Osor with its bridge that connects islands Lošinj and Cres, or you can stop at Unije or Susak Islands (if you’re in the mood for a lobster with pasta we recommend Susak). There is Mali Lošinj Island as well, which is the largest town on Croatian islands so there will not be any problems with getting supplies.
If you want to keep away from civilization and are seeking solitude, you can choose Krivica Bay, though you probably won’t be moored alone there, or Balvanida Bay or you can sail a bit further to Ilovik Island.
Routes and distances
- ACI Pomer - Bršica, 21 NM, approx: 3 hours
- ACI Pomer - Rabac, 25 NM, approx: 3 hours and 40 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Zeća Island, 18.2 NM, approx: 2 hours and 45 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Martinšćica, 21 NM, approx: 3 hours and 15 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Ustrine, 22 NM, approx: 3 hours and 25 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Osor, 23NM, approx: 3 hours and 30 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Valun, 26 NM, approx: 3 hours and 50 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Cres port, 26 NM, approx: 3 hours and 50 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Opatija, 41 NM, approx: 6 hours
- ACI Pomer - Unije Island (Port) 18.5 NM, approx: 2 hours and 50 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Maračol Bay Unije Island, 24 NM, approx: 3 hours and 40 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Susak Island 25.5 NM, approx: 3 hours and 50 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Liski Bay Mali Lošinj Island, 26 NM, approx: 4 hours
- ACI Pomer - Artaturi Bay Mali Lošinj Island, 28 NM, approx: 4 hours and 20 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Mali Lošinj Island (Port) 31 NM, approx: 4 hours and 40 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Krivica Bay, Mali Lošinj Island, 32 NM, approx: 5 hours
- ACI Pomer - Ilovik Island, 37 NM, approx: 5 hours and 45 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Pta della Maestra (River Pad’s delta), 65NM, approx: 9 hours and 30 minutes
- ACI Pomer - Chioggia, 80 NM, approx: 11 hours
About Charter Base
ACI Marina Pomer is one of 20 marinas of Adriatic Club International.
Marina offers all necessary infrastructures including grocery store, restaurant, exchange office, travel lift for vessels, and service workshop. Parking your car will cost 50€ per week for one car. The nearest fuel station, where you can fill up your boat at the end of your Charter is in Piješćana uvala 5 Nm away from ACI Marina Pomer.